madCAM 5 has only one installation file for all different versions of the software. It will run in Demo mode for 30 days in versions: 5Xtra, 5X, 4X or 3X.
You can buy a license key if you would like to continue to use madCAM 5.0 beyond the evaluation period. The key you use to unlock the software determines the status Temporary, Permanent 5Xtra, Permanent 5X, etc.
*Important* madCAM is a plugin for Rhino3D. It requires Rhinoceros to run.
If you haven't got Rhino, you can download the evaluation version of Rhino from here.
madCAM SR 14 2015-04-17 (17-April-2015)
- The cutter preview is now controlled by the render mode in Rhino. Wireframe or shaded view. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- If a drive surface is missing when using the recalculate function, the user will be prompted to select a new drive surface. (5Xtra)
- Network Client / Sever license. (64-bit version)
- The 2D Profiling didn\'t work well in some cases on non uniform curves. This has been fixed now. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- Post processor reset problems on some parameters when switching between post processors. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- Drive surface pick direction in 4 view window state. (5Xtra)
- 2D Pocketing on small pockets. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- Drive surface rebuild function. (5Xtra)
madCAM SR 13 2015-02-26 (26-February-2015)
- The drilling didn't work after recalculating a toolpath.
- The Rhino mesh tolerance was changed even if it was set finer than the madCAM tolerance. Now it will only be change if set rougher than the madCAM tolerance or if set to \"Jagged and faster\".
- Automatic material top by double click in edit box didn't work for the profiling toolpath.
- Along curves with multipple cuts. The first toolpath on the curve is now removed if using a negative \"Raise Z\".
madCAM SR 12 2015-02-20 (20-February-2015)
- We made some improvements of the 2D Profiling function in previous release. Unfortunately we made a mistake that caused some problems with indexed 4-axis or 5-axis profiling. It also caused some problems with the recalculate function. This has been fixed now.
Click here to show older posts...