madCAM 5 has only one installation file for all different versions of the software. It will run in Demo mode for 30 days in versions: 5Xtra, 5X, 4X or 3X.
You can buy a license key if you would like to continue to use madCAM 5.0 beyond the evaluation period. The key you use to unlock the software determines the status Temporary, Permanent 5Xtra, Permanent 5X, etc.
*Important* madCAM is a plugin for Rhino3D. It requires Rhinoceros to run.
If you haven't got Rhino, you can download the evaluation version of Rhino from here.
madCAM prerelease_6 2017-10-31 (31-October-2017)
Please be aware that this is an early release of the next service release, so everything is not complete. The help file is not updated and the material removal simulator does not work as well as it will work in the final service release. If you will have trouble with the material removal simulator, just unckeck the "Draw Stock Model" option from the simulator options dialog.
We had to make this prerelease as an urgent fix becuase of the problem caused by the Windows 10 update.
October 31 2017
- 5-axis custom dll: New option for changing angle limits of the 4th and 5th axis. This can be set from madCAM options / machine.
- Recalculate bug fix: When reculculating indexed toolpaths, the indexed direction didn't update in some cases.
October 19 2017
- 2D Profiling: New 2D option to output cutter radius compensation for the controller.
- 2D Profiling bug fix: Multiple side offsets didn't work well on some curves.
- Along Curves bug fix: Multiple Z cuts didn't work. This is fixed now.
- 3D Z-level bug fix: Toolpath linking problem is fixed.
- Indexed 5-axis bug fix: Selecting stock material in 4-axis and 5-axis indexed mode didn't work well in some cases.
September 12 2017
- 2D Profiling: New 2D option to choose if rapids should go above the top of the madCAM box or above the Material Top level set from the profiling dialog.
- 2D Profiling: New 2D option to choose if curves should be converted to arcs and lines or converted to polylines for the output code.
- 2D Profiling bug fix: Open curves with a gap less than the madCAM tolerance will now be treated as closed curves.
- 2D Profiling bug fix: Creating arc lead-ins with a radius larger than half of the cutter diameter didn't work. This is fixed now.
August 18 2017
- 2D Profiling bug fix: The safe clearance was not correct in some cases if using ball cutters or corner radius cutters. This is fixed now.
- 2D Profiling bug fix: Converting nurbs to arcs didn't work correctly in some cases. This is fixed now.
July 24 2017
- 2D Profiling: New nurbs-curve offset algorithm and several bug fixes for the 2D profiling.
- 5-axis Trimming: It is now possible to script the 5-axis part trimming function.
- 5-axis Drive Surface: It is now possible to script the selection and settings for any 5-axis drive surface.
- Drill: The depth was changed when changing the number of steps. Now the depth will remain and only the stepdown will change.
May 10 2017
- Windows 10 64-bit: Crashing on latest upgrade of Win10. This fixed now.
March 23 2017
- Post Processor: Bug fix for drilling when setting number of step downs.
- Post Processor: New option for using variables in the sections for line and arc motion.
January 19 2017
- Post Processor: Bug fix for crashing when post processing before simulating.
- Post Processor: Bug fix for arcs in indexed mode.
January 15 2017
- Drilling: New option in the drill dialog for setting number of step downs.
- Post Processor: New extra drill variable for number of step downs. The variable is declared as \"drill_nsteps\" in the post processor.
- Post Processor: Bug fix for line numbers output when exceeding the maximum block numbers.
- 2D Profiling: Several bug-fixes and improvements.
- Clipping Planes: It is now possible to change the clipping planes and they will remain in the same position even when recalculating toolpaths.
December 8 2016
- Post Processor: Support for arcs and helix curves in the post processor. If using arc lead-ins or pitch, the curves will still be kept as arcs, but with ramp, which can be post processed as helix curves.
- 2D Profiling: Several bug-fixes. Side offset with pitch, gouge checking for lead-ins, rapid traverses and many more things.
November 25 2016
- Post Processor: One more bug fix for abnormally large values of the C-axis output.
November 24 2016
- Post Processor: Bug fix for abnormally large values of the C-axis output in some cases.
- Post Processor: The Z-scaling is now also working for custom drill cycles.
November 3 2016
- Post Processor: Automatic detection if the post processor supports arc output. If not, the output will be polylines.
October 21 2016
- Post Processor: Bug fix for missed Toolpath layers. The user is now warned if the cutter tool doesn\'t exist in the current tool library.
August 29 2016
- Post Processor: New dialog for setting offsets if the spindle is off center compared to each rotary axis. This will only work if using a custom dll.
July 13 2016
- 2D Profiling: New Pitch option for ramping. The ramp depth will be equal to stepdow.
- 2D Profiling: New offset and stepover option for cutting sideways. (The pitch option works for this as well)
- 2D Profiling: The direction Climb or Conventional and the curve side options are back in the dialog. The directions are automatically set when picking curves, but can be changed afterwards from the dialog.
- 2D Profiling: All settings are now scriptable including inside or outside on closed curves.
- Post Processor: Tool change will now take action on either a new tool name or a new tool number.
- Post Processor: New *DRILL* section in the post processor. This can be used for custom drill cycles or for woodworking machines with a \"drill box\".
June 17 2016
- Cut simulator: New material removal simulator that works for 3,4 and simultaneous 5-axis with support for user defined stock models.
- Cut simulator: Advanced settings for resolution option in the simulator.
- Toolpath methods: All settings from each dialog are automatically \"remembered\" and stored together with each cutter.
- Drive Surface: New dialog for setting temporary 5-axis machine angle limits.
- 2D Profiling: New faster and more accurate 2D Profiling that generate toolpaths as nurbs. This makes it possible to convert toolpaths to arcs and lines with high accuracy.
- 2D Profiling: The safe clearance for 2D Profiling is always relative to the \"material top\" level that is set from the dialog. (Not the box top)
- Drive Surface: New drive surface Tool Orientation Normal to Surface option. Two angles to set for tilting the tool along or across the drive surface.
- Post Processor: New dialog for setting temporary 5-axis machine angle limits.
- Post Processor: New post processor option for absolute or incremental output.
- Post Processor: New options in the post processor for arc output.(see example post processor below)
madCAM SR 14 2015-04-17 (17-April-2015)
- The cutter preview is now controlled by the render mode in Rhino. Wireframe or shaded view. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- If a drive surface is missing when using the recalculate function, the user will be prompted to select a new drive surface. (5Xtra)
- Network Client / Sever license. (64-bit version)
- The 2D Profiling didn\'t work well in some cases on non uniform curves. This has been fixed now. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- Post processor reset problems on some parameters when switching between post processors. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- Drive surface pick direction in 4 view window state. (5Xtra)
- 2D Pocketing on small pockets. (3X,4X,5X and 5Xtra)
- Drive surface rebuild function. (5Xtra)
madCAM SR 13 2015-02-26 (26-February-2015)
- The drilling didn't work after recalculating a toolpath.
- The Rhino mesh tolerance was changed even if it was set finer than the madCAM tolerance. Now it will only be change if set rougher than the madCAM tolerance or if set to \"Jagged and faster\".
- Automatic material top by double click in edit box didn't work for the profiling toolpath.
- Along curves with multipple cuts. The first toolpath on the curve is now removed if using a negative \"Raise Z\".
Click here to show older posts...